Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Traveller's ode














As messengers of the past, carry in scrolls
Ancient beginnings past untold
In this ode the truth I pen
Like some ancient men with a crooked pen

If beauty lies beneath the dust
Gifted few with clearer mind
Beyond the crust
Sift through to find
The untouched charm
Like natures calm

I trust my eyes cause what I spot
The beauty within, the grime naught
I pass it by my thoughts astray
Do I let it pass or dust the grey?

The mystery remains as fate unfolds
The beauty fades the grey grows bold

Destinations unheard and journey so plain
Like pathless travelers, I trudge in vain
What passed me by lies behind
Yet lingers on in a tempted mind

So to the reader, a humble plea
Look beyond words, and truth you'll see

1 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Blogger sarinstyle said...

i must say i am thoroughly impressed. very very nice.seriously
u should post some more of your stuff. very deep thought and i loved the play of words

 

Post a Comment

<< Home