Saturday, December 25, 2010

A story to remember

A beautiful princess met a frog,
Sitting and croaking on a log,
She sat next to him looking lost,
Mumbling, must find him at any cost

She looked at froggy and screams,
Where is the man of my dreams,
The frog hops on to her laps,
Get off you croak she snaps

Who gets you to wed he asks,
Must he carry challenging tasks?
Must he be handsome and tall?
With hair like the leaves of fall?

Princess yells, a frog that speaks,
Why do I always run into freaks
Weeping in dispair,
He leaps into the air.

Off he went to the muddy streams,
Hopping away to live his dreams
Sorry for the croak she felt,
Her tender heart began to melt

Off into the swamps she went,
Looking around days she spent
Tired and muddy she sat for a break,
To her surprise he was by the lake

There you are, with joy, she cries
He grins at her lapping up the flies
In the swamp, days went by,
In idle chat time would fly

One day she woke up from her sleep,
Sitting on the log she started to weep
The frog leapt up and said,
I am the one you must wed

The princess jumps, readly to flee,
But prince charming your not to me
Put your trust in me miss,
All I ask is a goodbye kiss,

Yes she says after a thought,
Only if, you'll forget me not

Forever you are in my heart
Even though we stand apart
A little peck she gave on his head,
A handsome man stood instead

Different forms love may bring,
Frog at times turns to Charming,
Charming to frog for some may bring
What remains is the love they share,
Time together strengthens the pair



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home